Please feel free to check out the SCOTUS decision before the talk:
League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry
You pick the topic, you start the conversation.
The University of Chicago ACS chapter has launched a brand new
blog and as a member, you are invited to be one of our
authors. Our ACS blog is a non-partisan, non-profit forum
that aims to enable issue-based discussion. An author would
post regularly, sharing opinions on issues or news stories,
posting interesting links, or commenting on an existing
threads. This is a great way to express yourself, and to get
involved in shaping ACS on our campus.
If you're interested in participating in this low-commitment
opportunity, please email Karen (courtheoux at uchicago.edu)
by Monday, February 19. We'll have an organizational meeting
for potential authors in coming weeks.
· Target hometown or college newspapers
· Consider the following factors: strength of your local connection, capability for electronic submission of editorials, range of circulation, demographics and ideological leanings of the audience. The last two factors might cut either way.
· See what types of editorials are published
· Watch for articles or editorials to respond to.
· Respond to a specific, timely article or event.
· Keep your arguments concise.
· Follow the submission guidelines for the newspaper.
· Send your article to the blog, including the date of submission and any related articles. In approximately a week, the blog will post your editorial, regardless of whether it was published.