- Identify your news source.
· Target hometown or college newspapers
· Consider the following factors: strength of your local connection, capability for electronic submission of editorials, range of circulation, demographics and ideological leanings of the audience. The last two factors might cut either way.
- Start reading the paper.
· See what types of editorials are published
· Watch for articles or editorials to respond to.
- Write your editorial.
· Respond to a specific, timely article or event.
· Keep your arguments concise.
- Submit your editorial.
· Follow the submission guidelines for the newspaper.
· Send your article to the blog, including the date of submission and any related articles. In approximately a week, the blog will post your editorial, regardless of whether it was published.